Working at Height.
LEVEL 2 | DURATION: 3 HOURS | OFQUAL REGULATED
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been specifically designed to increase awareness of safety considerations whilst working at height, including the importance of the equipment used and how to ensure a safe working environment.
The QA Level 2 Award in Working at Height (RQF) is ideal for those who work, or are aspiring to work in any type of environment that may require them to work at height, such as: building and construction, agriculture, forestry, factories, warehouses and more.
During this 3 hour course, candidates will focus on the safety considerations, legal obligations, control measures and reporting procedures for working at height; leaving the course with knowledge of a wide variety of equipment and the principles used to ensure safe working at height.
- Legislation, regulations, roles and responsibilities when working at height
- The consequences of non-compliance
- Safe working practices when working at height
- How to reduce the risks from weather conditions, working environments, others working at height, falling objects, fragile surfaces
- Importance of risk assessments
- Rescue plan requirements
- Types of equipment and testing requirements
- Selecting appropriate equipment
- Identifying safety precautions when using equipment
- Reporting procedures when equipment is faulty