Principles of Risk Assessment.
LEVEL 2 | DURATION: 1 DAY | OFQUAL REGULATED
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. This includes providing sufficient information, instruction and training to employees to allow them to work in a way that does not put themselves or others at risk.
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification specifically designed to provide candidates with a greater awareness of risks within the workplace and the measures that can be taken to control them.
Ideal for all employees, this 1 day course covers a variety of topics, including: the main causes of work-related fatalities, processes for undertaking a risk assessment, methods that can be used to prioritise risks and more.
- Main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health
- Moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
- Key terms associated with risk assessment in health and safety at work inc. accident, near miss, accident triangle, hazard, risk, risk assessment, risk control hierarchy, suitable and sufficient and competence
- The role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Basic process for undertaking a risk assessment
- Factors that can affect the level of risks in the workplace inc. occupational, environmental and human
- Methods that can be used to prioritise risks
- Providing information about, and records on, the results of risk assessments