Principles of COSHH.
LEVEL 2 | DURATION: 4 HOURS | OFQUAL REGULATED
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification specifically designed to provide candidates with a basic knowledge of COSHH regulations and requirements.
Suitable for all employees, this 4 hour course is ideal for those who wish to work in environments with hazardous substances, such as: healthcare, manufacturing, cleaning, transport, utilities and office environments.
Candidates will learn about the legal requirements relating to hazardous substances, how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances, as well as the precautions and procedures required to ensure that the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
- Legal requirements relating to hazardous substances in the workplace inc. employer duties, employee duties, consequences for non-compliance, communicating safety information
- The different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Effects that may arise after exposure to hazardous substances
- The different routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- How risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work
- The five step process of risk assessment
- The control hierarchy in relation to the safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Information to refer to when identifying and using hazardous substances
- Procedures for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances