Assessing Vocational Achievement.
LEVEL 3 | DURATION: 12 DAYS | OFQUAL REGULATED
One of our assessor award courses, the QA Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who wish to:
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding outside the work environment i.e. in a training setting
Transferable to any sector that the candidate has occupational competence in, this qualification provides a national benchmark for best practice in assessing. Some of the key topics covered include: principles and practices of assessment, how to assess vocational skills, how to assess occupational competence in the work environment, and quality assurance in the assessment process.
Successful candidates will leave with the knowledge, skills and understanding required to successfully perform the role of assessor for competency based qualifications, such as NVQs, as well as vocational qualifications, such as first aid.
- Responsibilities of an assessor
- Key concepts and principles of assessment
- Legal and good practice requirements
- Assessment methods
- Adapting assessments to meet individual learner needs
- Holistic assessment
- Using peer and self-assessment
- Planning assessments
- Minimising risk in assessment
- Making assessment decisions
- Assessment of occupational competence in a workplace environment
- Assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Feedback and action planning
- Quality assurance in the assessment process